A Firewall is a piece of hardware and/or software which functions in a networked environment to prevent some communications forbidden by the security policy, analogous to the function of firewalls in building construction. A firewall is also called a Border Protection Device (BPD), or packet filter in BSD contexts. A firewall has the basic task of controlling traffic between different zones of trust.
Cybercriminals today are launching attacks against businesses by copying sophisticated malware and techniques used to target governments and high-profile organizations. Don’t get caught in the crossfire. Read our special report "Who's spying on you?"
Even if you have adequate antivirus protection, are there still holes in your IT security armor? Is lack of bandwidth to manage the growing list of threats, endpoints, and security systems making your organization vulnerable?
As cyberattacks and fraud continue to increase in frequency and sophistication, organizations are placing a greater emphasis on cyberthreat intelligence as a way to protect against compromise, data breach, and losses from online fraud. Measuring the true value of threat intelligence has been difficult however.
For the first time the Ponemon Institute has conducted a study that reveals the facts behind the impact that weak threat intelligence is having on organizations.
This paper discusses reasons why visibility is so essential, and outlines how you can use visibility beyond and within the firewall to develop policies and processes that protect what you can’t control.
Does your WAN provide sufficient performance and reliability for your remote-site users? In this guide, discover how to design a full-service network with secure, encrypted communications using Cisco Dynamic Multipoint VPN technology.
Download Design Guide
The 10 Things Your Next Firewall Must Do outlines the latest capabilities that a firewall should possess and helps you learn how to choose a firewall that can safely enable your business in the ever-changing world of network security. In this free booklet, you'll find an insight and practical advice on:
- Considerations for choosing your next firewall
- Best practices for implementing safe application enablement policies
- Essential firewall capabilities for battling modern threats
Legacy firewalls aren't designed to address today's complex network traffic consisting of applications, users, and threats. They rely on outdated technology. Read how a new modern security platform safely enables any technology and application.
- Learn why yesterday's methods can't handle today's cyberthreats
- Find out if your firewall has the ability to see and control traffic, and prevent APTs
- Discover how you can deliver modern security without compromising performance
- Read why bolt-on security is a costly approach to security
Make an informed decision on the right firewall for your business with The Firewall Buyers Guide.
This guide gives you:
- The fundamentals of modern firewall technology
- The ten critical business requirements your next firewall needs to address
- Information on how to create a vendor request for proposal (RFP)
- A functional test plan to assist in your firewall selection process
Oferecido por um Tempo Limitado. Obtenha Sua Cópia Hoje.
Tome uma decisão informada sobre o firewall correto para sua empresa com O Guia do Comprador para Firewall.
Esse guia oferece:
- Os fundamentos da tecnologia de firewall moderno
- Os dez requisitos críticos de negócios que seu próximo firewall precisa atender
- Informações sobre como criar uma solicitação para proposta (SPP) de vendedor
- Um plano de teste funcional para auxiliar no processo de seleção de firewall
Ofrecida durante un tiempo limitado. Consiga su copia hoy.Tome la decisión correcta sobre qué firewall es necesario para su negocio con La Guía para compradores de firewalls.
Esta guía le da:
- Los fundamentos de la tecnología moderna del firewall
- Los 10 requisitos de negocios críticos que su nuevo firewall debería tener en cuenta
- Información sobre cómo crear un (RFP)
- Un plan de pruebas funcional para ayudar en su proceso de selección de firewall
Advanced evasions will break the security protection model that most organizations are using today. Given this changing threat landscape we need to rethink traditional security models. Here’s advice on how to evade AETs.
This white paper outlines the application threat landscape; explains why next generation firewalls are ill-equipped to stop web attacks; and provides six essential requirements for protecting web applications.
Beyond the basics in a next generation firewall, to protect your investment you should demand other valuable features: intrusion prevention, contextual rules, advanced evasion analytics, secured access control, and high availability.